Enhancing the gender-environment nexus in European energy, economy, transport and economic policies
After the success of our webinar Why does gender matter for EU environmental policies? organized in May 20, 2021, the European Environmental Bureau (EEB) and Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF) come back with another session exploring the links between gender and environment in energy, transport and economic EU policies. This participatory event will be the occasion for CSOs to discover the preliminary findings of a report that will be published mid-July 2021 and exchange on what solutions could be advanced to ensure gender-transformative European environmental policies with a focus on sustainable transport, energy transition and economic transition.
The guiding questions for the discussions will be:
- What kind of transport policies do we need to ensure sustainability and inclusivity?
- How can we integrate gender perspectives into energy policies ?
- What could be a model of a gender-just well being economy ?
- What best practices already exist at local and national level?
- What are the next steps to deliver gender-transformative environmental policies?